Do you believe it is possible for a person with pulmonary fibrosis to live a healthy and fulfilling life?
We certainly believe it is possible. However, to achieve this, people affected by pulmonary fibrosis (with the support of their families) may have to change their way of doing things by learning new strategies and skills. Some of these changes can be minor. Others, such as stop smoking, taking medication as prescribed and doing exercise regularly will require more motivation and commitment on your part. However, integrating new healthy behaviors and learning new skills, people with pulmonary fibrosis have a better chance to live well with their illness.
The program Living Well with Pulmonary Fibrosis was designed to help physicians and healthcare professionals to develop a partnership with their patients to promote and facilitate self-management of their disease. For people with this disease, self-management is a treatment goal in itself and not just a treatment option.
- Develop a partnership between patients and their healthcare professionals to facilitate the adoption of behaviors associated with a healthy lifestyle and skills needed to better manage lung fibrosis on a daily basis.
- Help people affected by pulmonary fibrosis to implement an action plan to:
- Optimize quality of life
- Maximize their level of autonomy
- Maintain their health stable for as long as possible
- Prevent and manage early any worsening of the disease
- Help caregivers to support their loved one in the management of this disease.
Create a user account to have access to all the tools of the program Living Well with Pulmonary Fibrosis.